The Information Technology Department supports the Anderson County Government Departments. IT provides innovative solutions using efficient and effective technology to meet all the technology requirements of County departments and agencies. IT uses the highest quality, most cost-effective system development, and computer technology available to aid County departments in providing improved levels of service to the public. IT is responsible for the procurement, installation, and support of the technology resources of the County including maintaining the network and desktop equipment necessary to provide access to these information assets.
- Install, upgrade, and maintain IT network infrastructure such as WAN, LAN, Internet and email access.
- Provide network security (anti-virus, anti-spam, spyware & intrusion detection) and daily backup of servers.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain software applications to enable County departments to meet the demands of federal, state, and local mandates.
- Provide services to the public in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Install, upgrade, and repair desktop equipment. Provide the most efficient equipment, maintaining this equipment in good working condition and replacing or repairing equipment as necessary.
- Provide Help Desk support to better track and resolve problems. Calls are logged and assigned to IT staff for resolution.
- Provide employee training on current versions of Desktop software.