What we do:
The Solid Waste department provides Anderson County residents with a cost efficient Solid Waste program that delivers adequate recycling/reusing and disposal opportunities for household garbage, construction and demolition material, yard debris, and recyclables as well as developing anti-litter, beautification and recycling education programs which will promote the quality of life.
- Provides waste and recycling collection services for Anderson County residents at convenience center facilities.
- Engages in the recovery of recyclable materials in preparation for market at the Material Recovery Facility (MRF): recyclables, electronics and tires.
- Ensures adequate disposal of construction/demolition materials and land clearing debris for residents and businesses at the Starr C&D Landfill
- Conducts community clean-up and beautification projects to sustain community cleanliness and pride
- Enforces County Litter Ordinances and State Litter Laws to prevent unsightly litter from roadways, illegal dumping and open storage on Anderson County properties
- Promotes public education and awareness or anti-litter and recycling initiatives in Anderson County