Jacky Hunter

Anderson County Auditor

Anderson Office Location:
401 E. River Street
Anderson, SC 29624

Location Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm M-F

Powdersville Office Location
4 Civic Ct
Powdersville, SC 29642

Location Hours 8:30 am - 4:00 pm M-F
Closed for lunch from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm

Get Directions

Phone: 864-260-4027
Fax: 864-260-4206
Powdersville Office Phone: 864-269-5942

Mailing Address:
PO Box 8002
Anderson, SC 29622

Pay Taxes Online


What are your hours of operation?

We are open at our Anderson Location Monday - Friday, 8:30am until 5:00pm and our Powdersville Location is open Monday - Friday 8:30am until 4:00pm,closed for lunch from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.

Do you close for lunch?

Our main Anderson Office Location does not close for lunch however our Powdersville Office does close from 12pm - 1pm for lunch.

What is your email address?


What is the DMV’s website?


Can I pay my taxes online?

Yes you can pay online. (See pay taxes online)

Where do I come to pay my taxes if I’m paying in person?

Our office is located at 401 E. River St, Anderson, SC 29624.
Please note we also have a satellite location in Powdersville with select days and hours
(Monday - Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm closed for lunch 12:00pm – 1:00pm) located inside of the Powdersville Library at 4 Civic Ct, Powdersville, SC 29642. 

How do I get a copy of my paid tax receipt?

Please call the Anderson County Treasurer’s Office (864)260-4033.

I have had my vehicle off the road for several years, do I have to pay all the back taxes?

We can charge up to 10 years from the current year depending on how long the vehicle
has been off of the road.

How do I get in touch with the SC Department of Motor Vehicles?

Please call (864)260-2205, also note this is the Anderson Office and is a message service.  They will return your call. If you would like to speak with someone right away you will have to contact the main office which is in Columbia (803)896-5000.

Where can I return my South Carolina License Plate?

You can return your plate to your local South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles Branch or mail it back to SCDMV PO Box 1498 Blythewood, SC 29016.

I lost my tax bill, can I get another one?

Please call the Auditor’s Office (864)260-4027.

Does Anderson County have a County Business License?

There is currently no county business license. However, if you are working inside a municipality, please contact them for further information regarding work inside their corporal limits.

How do I change my address?

Real Property:

• Contact the Assessor’s Office (864)260-4028.

Motor Vehicle’s:

  • In accordance with state law, you must notify the DMV (SC Dept. of Motor Vehicles).
  • We use the DMV’s records to determine which county and/or taxing district you are in and where to mail your tax bill.
  • The wrong address on the DMV’s records could result in paying too much tax or not receiving your tax bill.
  • This could delay the delivery or renewal of your registration and decal for your license plate.


Watercraft and Boats/Motors:

  • In accordance with state law, you must notify the DNR (SC Dept. of Natural Resources).
  • It is their records that we use to determine which county and/or taxing district you are in and where to mail your tax bill to.
  • The wrong address on DNR’s records could result in paying too much tax or not receiving your tax bill, which may delay the registration renewal.


How can I get an estimate on my vehicle taxes?

  • Contact our office by phone (864)260-4027.
  • You will need to provide us with the year, make, model, vehicle identification number, and address where you live or where the vehicle is housed in Anderson County.
  • If it is a camper or motorhome, please have the manufacturer, model, number of slides, and the length ready when requesting an estimate.
  • Upon receipt of all information, we will provide you with an ESTIMATE of the property taxes.


How do you value my vehicle?

  • The S.C. Department of Revenue (SCDOR) determines the value of motor vehicles within the state by using a set of nationally accepted standards and guidelines established by the auto industry.
  • Auditor’s across the state use the SCDOR vehicle manual to establish the assessed value on your vehicle.
  • The SCDOR vehicle manual lists each model and make of most vehicles.
  • When an assessed value is not available in the SCDOR vehicle manual, we use other nationally recognized sources.
  • The assessed value is then multiplied by the levy rate to determine the taxes due.
  • If you disagree with the value we have placed on your vehicle, you may appeal the value to the Auditor.


When I bought my vehicle, the dealer told me they would take care of the taxes and tags. Why did you send me a bill?

The taxes and tags the dealer paid are for the South Carolina sales tax and your DMV license fees. The tax notice you received is for personal property taxes, which must be paid annually.

I do not agree with the value of my real estate.

You must contact the Anderson County Assessor’s Office at (864)260-4028.