The Anderson County Courthouse will be re-opening to the general public beginning Monday morning, June 15th. For the first week, our hours will be from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Beginning Monday, June 22nd, the Family Court Judges and our Master-in-Equity will resume a modified hearings roster which will limit the number of people gathered in the courthouse at any one time. General Sessions and Common Pleas court will continue to operate as they have during the COVID-19 crisis. The resumption of jury trials will be re-evaluated at a later time.
On Monday,the 22nd, the courthouse will return to its normal operating hours of 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
As we resume operations, there will be certain rules to gain entrance into the building:
1. If you are not feeling well, do NOT come to the courthouse.
2. Social Distancing guidelines will be followed
3. The wearing of masks is requested
4. Hand sanitizer stations are located around the courthouse. Please use them!
5. Common area seating will be appropriately spaced apart
6. For hearings before a judge, only attorneys, their clients and NECESSARY witnesses will be allowed in (Family members, friends, etc. must wait outside)
7. No children will be allowed in unless they are involved in the court hearing
8. Be aware of the time of your hearing. Parties will be allowed to enter the building only ten minutes before their scheduled time.
Everyone’s complete cooperation with the rules listed above will make for a smooth re-launch of court proceedings. Thank you in advance for your willingness to help us. Everyone in the courthouse is looking forward to again serving the citizens of Anderson County.