Pets Are Worth Saving
- P.A.W.S. accepts unwanted, stray, and abandoned animals from all citizens of Anderson County.
- P.A.W.S. works diligently to provide proper care and humane treatment to all animals housed at the facility.
- P.A.W.S. works closely with Anderson County Animal Control and local law enforcement agencies in the enforcement of all State and County Animal Control Ordinances.
- P.A.W.S. makes every effort to place adoptive animals in loving homes. Adoption fees include cost of Spay/Neuter Surgery, booster shot, feline Leukemia test for cats/kittens, heart worm test for adult dogs and rabies vaccination for all animals four (4) months or older.
Typically, we keep a brief listing (with pictures) of animals available at P.A.W.S. Listing is posted as soon as pictures of these potential pets have been taken! Please follow the link below to view listings. You may also visit the animal shelter, or give them a call at (864) 260-4151. Adoption fees (include cost of Spay/Neuter Surgery, booster shot, feline Leukemia test for cats/kittens, heart worm test for adult dogs and rabies vaccination for all animals 4 months or older) are as follows:
- Puppies under 4 months...$35
- Dogs over 4 months...$35
- Kittens under 4 months...$35
- Cats over 4 months...$10
NOTICE: Once you release an animal to the Anderson County Animal Shelter (ACAS), we can not give you any information on the animal. If you release your own animal you can not get it back. If it is a stray animal, we must hold it for a few days to give the owner an opportunity to claim it. It is unlawful to give false information on the release form. ACAS has the right to decide the fate of an animal. ACAS makes every effort to find good homes for all healthy and friendly animals. However, we have a responsibility to public safety and cannot adopt out sick, injured or aggressive animals. ACAS staff members are all very dedicated to providing humane care to the animals housed here.
View Pets Available for Adoption at Anderson County P.A.W.S.
Fill out the Volunteer Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOST / FOUND PET FORMS:
If you have lost or found a pet, please fill out the appropriate form and email to email@example.com.
Lost Dog Form
Lost Cat Form
Found Dog Form
Found Cat Form
In order to properly care for our “four legged friends,” AC P.A.W.S. is in need of the following donations:
- Cat Litter
- Cat/Kitten Food (canned & dry)
- Dog/Puppy Food (canned & dry)
- Dish Detergent
- Laundry Detergent
P.A.W.S also accepts monetary donations to help purchase products to care and provide clean quarters for the animals housed at the shelter.