Who we are and what we do:
The Board of Voter Registration and Elections is responsible for conducting all county, state, and federal elections that are held in Anderson County; to ensure that all elections are orderly, fair, and transparent. The Board also serves as a resource for election support for Municipal Election Commissions.
The seven-member Board of Voter Registration and Elections is appointed by the Governor upon the recommendation of the Anderson County Legislative Delegation. An Executive Director is appointed by the Board to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Board of Voter Registration and Elections.
The Board meets on the first Thursday of each quarter at 4:45 pm at the Board of Voter Registration and Elections Office, 301 N. Main St., Anderson, SC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct local, state, and federal elections:
- Recruit and train poll managers
- Prepare Election Definition and Voting System for voting
- Election Results Tabulation
- Educate citizens on the use of voting system
- Serve as Absentee Precinct for all elections
- Maintain database of all registered voters in Anderson County
- Coordinate with outside Voter Registration Sites
- Petition Verification
- Public Relations:
- Keep citizens of Anderson County up to date on all Election News
- Speak to civic groups, students, etc. about election procedures