The Finance Department maintains the financial records of the county and is responsible for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and with principles prescribed by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable - Provides payment for invoices to County vendors.
- Accounts Receivable - Collection and payment processing for sewer, landfill, solid waste, accommodations fee, Anderson Regional Airport, E-911, and other miscellaneous payments.
- Budgeting - Create and maintain the Annual Operating and Capital Budget.
- Payroll - Process and maintain employee time records and issue employee payroll checks.
- Fiscal Auditing - Preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and other financial reports as required or requested by federal and state agencies, County Council, and Administration.
- Grant Administration - Process and maintain all revenues and expenditures for federal, state, or local grants the county receives that supplement existing County programs or assist in the funding of new ones.