Honorable Tommy Dunn
History of County Council
Anderson County and its county seat, Anderson, were named for Revolutionary War General Robert Anderson (1741-1812). Pendleton District was split between Pickens District and Anderson District in December of 1826. The city of Anderson was originally called Anderson Court House until the districts became counties in 1868. It is located along what was once the General’s Road (now Main St.) which ran from Abbeville Court House to General Pickens’ home (Hopewell) near present day Clemson University. Anderson County contains many smaller towns that each have their own unique flavor. More in-depth history about these towns and the county can be found at the Anderson County Museum and the South Carolina Room at the Anderson County Library. Anderson County contains 718 square miles in the Piedmont area. It is bordered on the west by the Savannah River and Lake Hartwell, on the North by Pickens and Oconee Counties, on the east by the Saluda River, and on the south by Abbeville County.
Anderson County consists of seven districts in a Council-Administrator form of government under the South Carolina Home Rule Act of 1976. Council members are elected in the general election for terms of two years commencing on the First of January following their election. The Council employs an Administrator who is the administrative head of the county government and is responsible for the administration of all departments of the county government which the council has authority to control.
County Mission Statement
Anderson County is honored and privileged to serve its residents, workers, and visitors with the highest quality public safety, infrastructure, clean environment, economic development, and recreational services possible. The Anderson County Council understands its citizens demand and deserve a prosperous community in which to work and enjoy the fruits of their labor. To this end, County officials and staff are committed to ensuring resources and opportunities are available for its people to meet their career and life objectives.
Clerk to Council
Ms. Lacey Croegaert
Biography: Ms. Croegaert, a native of Illinois, has served as Clerk to Council since January 2018. She and her husband Shane are the proud parents of three children.
Education: Associate of Applied Science, Business Administration, Forrest College
Contact: (864) 260-1036 or Email
Hon. John B. Wright, Jr.
Biography: Lifelong resident of Anderson County. Graduated T. L. Hanna High School. Married to wife Courtland (also a lifelong resident of Anderson County) with two children.
Education: Received his BS from Clemson University in Financial Management with a Real Estate Concentration and Minor in Accounting.
Profession: Fourth Generation Owner/President of McCoy Wright, Inc., a commercial real estate firm established in Anderson in 1952.
Community Involvement: Member of New Spring Church. Member of Board of Visitors at Anderson University, Board of Directors for Ten at the Top, Former Chairman of the Anderson Chamber of Commerce, and a graduate of Leadership Anderson.
Current Standing Committees/Boards:
Contact: (864)-224-3503 Email